Miami >Exotic Aquariums
5 star rating :D. I have been to hundreds of places to buy fish, and I can tell you that Exotic Aquariums is one of the best! The store is set up so wonderfully. They definitely had the customers needs in mind. I interacted with at least three of the staff members during my visit, and I was very pleased with their knowledge and service to me. If you are looking to spend your money on a great product, then Exotic Aquariums is a definite!
bad place fish no healthy. I buy a cleaner wrasse and a yellow tang they died 2 days later for no reason and these people never give a refund or part of them don't buy in these place fish are no healthy
OK - BUT NOT SO GOOD. They have a large amount of fish, but the help like another person said is no good. I've been int he hobby for years and they never asked what I had in my tank or cared if you knew what you were buying. they are there to make money, not to educate the hobbiest or become aquanted enough not to sell you thing not compatible. They always have different people working so its hard to get used to anyone. You are better off educating yourself first or findin a helpful shop that would be happy to serve you.
I have been a customer for 20 years. I have only had great success with all of my fish and corals because of the experienced staff. They are all very helpful and knowledgeable. Exotic Aquariums would never knowingly sell you something you did not need and definitely not sell
you a sick animal.
When I was new to hobby this was the only place I could the help I needed and i have stuck with what works.
With out a doubt I would recommend Exotic aquariums to everyone.
This place is garbage....
1. Upon first entering the hobby I had an issue regarding some clownfish that were purchased from this store. I was advised on a "Reef Safe" ich treatment by the guy with the bowl haircut which wound up nuking my invertebrates...thanks. Apparently he just wanted to make a sale rather than tell me about quarantining measures, etc.
2. I was sold a Cynarina coral but the same guy which happened to be dying but again me being to the hobby I was unaware. I assumed the coral being opaque white was natural. I even asked about the coral and was told it was fine, healthy and natural looking. Turns out this "clear" color was the expulsion of the photosynthetic algae needed to keep the coral alive.
3. I went to purchase a fish and asked the same clerk: "Excuse me, do you have a minute?" He replied "No" and walked away from me.
4. The prices for goods at this store are also ridiculous. Specimen traps for example are 200% marked up over other places.
5. One of the "custom made aquariums" this place makes recently sprung a leak and had be to completely redone. This tank also cost the individual thousands of dollars and failed which calls into question the workmanship of the individual who created it along with the ethics of the company that markets it (Exotic Aquarium).
6. It seems all of hired help here were obnoxious and didn't have the patience to assist individuals interested in the hobby. It appeared as if they refused to condescend themselves to assist individuals that wanted guidance with the hobby. The only guy in there who was willing to help was a long red haired gentleman who was patient and professional.
As this hobby involves live animals, It's amazing to see people as callous as this towards living creatures. It borders on being unethical. I will NEVER shop at this place again.
There's plenty of fish in the sea. Find them all at this Bird Road fish haven..
From feisty yellow tangs to agile Hawaiian dragon eels, Exotic Aquariums offers a sea of colorful freshwater and saltwater fish. They've got hundreds of species in a myriad of vibrant colors. The store also carries dozens of coral and plant species as well as the necessary supplies for your new tank. Fish are highly delicate creatures, which is why the store's specialists place a huge emphasis on the care of your fish. They are thorough in explaining do's and don'ts of fish maintenance, and carefully help you choose the right aquatic life for your lifestyle. If you are looking to purchase a saltwater tank, they recommend you do your research and be ready to prepare your tank weeks before you purchase your fish.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!