HORRIBLE GYM TO GET REIMBURSED.
I will NEVER recommend to join this gym - it took them as of today since 2/24/08 to get reimbursed $85 for a memberhsip cancelation not counting so many phone calls to get this fixed.....THEY ARE NOT DELIVERING WHAT THEY DO PROMESS!!!!
Nathalie Tokarenko and Zac Ordin have been very difficult to deal with - lack of profesionalism, lack of follow up for something so simple and basic in customer service. Refund was finally done today on 5/28/08 - If you need your money back you may want to call David Barton in New York DIRECLTY!!!!!
Just amazing and really nothing fancy about this gym!
The NEW David Barton Gym at 23rd and Collins is BEYOND AWESOME.
The New Gansevoort Hotel/Condo and Spa is where the new gym is at and is no longer at the Delano - which was about 1/7th of the size at only a few thousand square feet. This is their new flagship for South Beach and I think it is likely the nicest gym in the United States:
- 45,000 Square Feet (18,000 feet larger than any gym on the beach )
- 10,000 Square Foot Spa with Ocean Views
- 15,000 Square Feet of free weights, LOTS of cardio machines with touch screen TVs, great music, DJs spinning in the evening
- 5 dedicated group training studios (Yoga - 9 types, Pilates, Spin, Group Weights, Assolutely Abulous classes, etc.)
- Open very early to very late
- Bumble and Bumble products in gorgeous Moroccan-themed locker rooms
- Aromatherapy Steam Rooms, Sauna, Upscale and Clean Showers - all North African theme
- Full Access to the Main Pool and Spa pool at the Gansevoort and full ocean access - it's like getting a serious place to work out, but also getting an ocean club membership...this is what really separates it.
- Designed by Studio Sofield who did several hundred Gucci boutiques
- Valet Parking with 1400 on-site spaces (no need to wait 20 minutes for your car)
- Intense, focused, personal training available at all times
For the same or less than other typically high-end gyms like SCLA and Equinox, all you need to do is walk in to the lobby of a DB Gym and you'll be sold instantly - they are that nice. Can't think of one bad thing to say or one reason to join another gym.
Relatively Low Compared to Others in Town. After paying for a day pass at nearly all the gyms and health clubs in Miami Beach and being greeted by front desk staff, trainers and the like, I have to weigh in on David Barton. As a facility, this is one of the worst in town. The layout made me feel as though I was in a basement without any windows and the equipment was limited at best compared to others. Also, unless you are truly a tourist, this is not a location that I want to frequent as the complications of valet parking and fighting the tourist crowds is just not pleasant. Overall from cardio to weight equipment to how comfortable I was working out there, this ranks on the bottom of the South Beach list on a point by point basis. This is better than your average hotel stay gym but it is not a commercially compettitive experience.
great workout. This gym is the best part of the entire hotel. While the rest of the hotel is deteriorating,the gym remains a great place to work out. Serious. The staff is very professional. Too bad they have to move temporarily for renovations. Its got a cool feeling and all the employees (of the gym, not the hotel)make you feel at home. They're all super friendly and all know their stuff. You know its a serious place.
First-class dumbbells: Where the buff and beautiful go before a night of clubbing on South Beach..
Located in the bottom of Ian Schrager's white palace, the Delano's gym attracts a clientele of hard-bodied South Beach players pumping up for a night at the clubs. Keep an eye out for incognito celebs: Kevin Bacon, Harrison Ford and Claudia Schiffer are just a few who've stayed at the Delano and roamed the facilities.
Equipment includes an advanced free-weight system, life cycles and treadmills, all surrounded by wall-to-wall mirrors so the buff and the beautiful can admire themselves while working out. Personal trainers will design a custom workout plan for you. And let's face it, if you can't achieve serenity through a tai chi or sunset yoga class on the Delano's private beach, then where are you going to find it? Other classes include hydro-power pool workouts, cardio jam, kickboxing, flat abs, Pilates and flex and point sessions.
Perks. Lots of perks including free beach chairs. Heres agym where employees really cah alre. They help with whatever you need. Equipment is well maintained and modern. Personal trainers are always available. Everybody is super-nice and helpful. No attitude just excellent service with lots of perks.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!