Hialeah >Photographers > Mercy Photo
3960 W 16th Ave Ste 202, Hialeah, FL | Directions 3301225.857836 -80.314628
M-F 9-5, Sa 9-4
A BIG MISTAKE.
We came to Mercy to take advantage of the newborn one year package.
Because our baby was already over 3 months, we had to do 3 sessions in one the first day. To our surprise we were rushed to the 3 sesions in less than an hour while sharing the time with another couple that was already there. The result ...low quality photos. This place is like a factory, volume is their main concern.
Also the lack of a formal contract with the terms of the sale should have been a big red flag.
First they tell me that the proofs cost $3, but after we selected only a few due to the poor quality, they tell us that for them to be $3 we have to take them all ...otherwise its $6 each.
Another example of the lack of quality of their work was that in one of the sessions the baby was on a boat with a white sailor cap on a white background ....the result there was no contrast and it looked like he had only half a head.
We called to ask them to edit the photo and change the color of the background or hat and the very rude so called administrative assistant said it could not be done. When i tried to express my displeasure she kept on interupting me and finally hung up on me ....TWICE.
Like an hour later the owner calls me and the same story, rude and would not let me speak ....telling me how they have thousands of customers and do not need customers like us and that she will refund the money. All of this without giving me the chance to speak.
Could you believe the level of unprofessionalism?
I am currently disputing the charge with the credit card company for poor and unrendered services .......just in case.
My advice STAY AWAY
WOW what a find – Wow is all i have to say .. My recent visit to this studio has been a experience of a life time. The staff is professional and full of creativity. The pictures will forever be cherised by my friends, family, and most important my wife and me. I would recomend it to anyone who wants the best!!!!!!!
NOT A GOOD CHOICE ANYMORE – I WAIT SO MUCH TO TAKE SOME PIC TO MY 22 MONTHS LITTLE GIRL,THINKING THIS WAS MY BEST CHOICE; BUT IN REALTY IT WASN;T. I NEED TO AGREE WITH SOMEONES REVIEW BACK IN 2008 AND THEY STILL ARE THE SAME. I WAS READING ALL THE REVIEWS AND PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUS, I FEEL SO BAD CUZ SPEND MORE THAN $400.00 AND AIM NOT HAPPY FOR THIS PICS. THEY WERE VERY CREATIVE 10 YEARS AGO WHEN THE MOTHER WAS THE ONE TAKING THE PIC, BUT NOW IS HER DOUGHTER AND IS NEVER THE SAME, IS LIKE A FACTORY NOW. THEY WERE NOT CREATIVE WITH US AND MY DOUGHTER WAS SCARED AND SHE TOOK SO MANY SHOTS AND NOT EVEN ONE COME OUT LOOKING GOOD. I HEAR PEOPLE NOW COMPLAING BUT IT WAS TOO LATE FOR ME. THIS IS WAHT SOME OTHER REVIEW SAID 3 YEARS AGO...
1. They do nothing digitally. The quality is suppost to be better with film photo, I believe that digital photography has come a long way and you really cant tell the difference. They take FOREVER to give you your proofs and photos. You could end up waiting for months just to get your proofsThey are SO disorganized STILL.
2-Their filing system is completely insane. They have photos in bins all over the front desk. If you are picking up photos be prepared to wait for the girl who works in the front, to spend atleast 10 - 15 minutes finding them. It is ridiculous.
3-Their packages are terrible.
This business's have good reputation but it has change a lot since her doughter took over. I HOPE YOU DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.
Mercy's foto..the best artistic memories everyone dreams on! – Mercy's foto studio has been a wonderful experience for my family.These people are very creative, has unique artistic skills, and on the top of that are very friendly.My granddaughter' s first -year- pictures are being taken at them, and we are happy to have chosen Mercy's for their high quality work and wonderful customer service mastery.In spite of my granddaughter's being gorgeous, Mercy's pfofessionality is making a big plus to our princess's pictures. My younger daughter's pictures are definetely going to be taken at this fabulous family studio! This business's good reputation is weighed by a large amount of people nationwide coming to have their family pictures taken at Mercy's.God bless this amazing family !!!!
One of a kind.... – Both of my kids had their photo taken w/ Mercy Photo. I loved it!!! They are very creative. It doesn't compare to the department stores....at all!
Love Mercy's Studio – My daughter is 15 years old and Mercy took monthly pictures of her from 1 month old through her 4th birthday. Those are the most beautiful pictures I have of my daughter. Honestly, I had not been back because I moved out of Miami, but I looked her up today so that she can take her "Quinces" pictures (if she does that).
I highly recommend this studio for their professionalism and artistic quality of their work.
An Artistic Setting – The commenter below really can't tell the difference between quantity and quality. While it does take longer to get the pictures that an their commercialized competitors, you really can't compare the "studio" quality of the product versus the cookie cutter stuff you get at the other 1 hour places. Their photos, and their studio, have fantastic artistic quality. Their's are the best pictures my sons have ever taken. The cat, chicks and other animals they use for their pictures are superb.
On the Fence – This is a family orientated business which can be good, but also bad. They take beautiful pictures and have many props. It is also true that they will help you with your other children and they are very friendly. Here are the cons:
1. Be prepared to wait .They are not punctual which is hard when you have a newborn that is falling asleep or is cranky.
2. They do nothing digitally. Although the quality is suppost to be better with film photo, I believe that digital photography has come a long way and you really cant tell the difference. I would rather have my pictures sooner. They take FOREVER to give you your proofs and photos. You could end up waiting for months just to get your proofs. It is ridiculous.
3. They are SOOOOOO disorganized. Their filing system is completely insane. They have photos in bins all over the front desk. If you are picking up photos be prepared to wait for the girl who works in the front, to spend atleast 10 - 15 minutes finding them. Half the time they cant find them. I have been going there for more than 18 months for my son's pictures and I have had numerous times when my pictures should have been there and they were not..
4. They have a cat who wonders around the waiting room. The cat, despite what Mercy says, is NOT FRIENDLY!!. It one day walked up to me and bite me as hard as it could on my hand. I WAS FURIOUS. How can they be so careless to have a cat like this in a place with so many children.
5. Their packages are terrible. You pay so much money and all you recieve is one 8x10 and one proof for each month. They make you pay $6 per proof, but if you buy all of them, it's $3 per proof. THEY SHOULD BE FREE!!! My husband was a professional videographer and we know it only costs abround .03 per proof. WHAT A RIP OFF!!
BEST PHOTO STUDIO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – THIS IS THE BEST STUDIO I HAVE EVER I MEAN EVER BEEN TO. EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND PROFESSIONAL. THEY PROVIDE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WILL EVER RECEIVE FROM ANYWHERE YOU GO. MY GRANDMOTHER HAS HAD HER PICTURES TAKEN MORE THAN 30 YEARS AGO WITH MERCY AND SHE IS NOW 80 YEARS OLD! (YOU DO THE MATH) IM TAKING MY NEWBORN PRINCESS TO HAVE HER PICTURES TAKEN AS WELL AND I COULDNT BE ANY HAPPIER. I WILL FOREVER BE A CUSTOMER AND WILL RECOMMEND EVERYONE AND ANYONE TO THIS STUDIO. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU ALL DO MERCY! NO ONE CAN COMPARE!!!!!!! YOUR SERVICE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll share – They are great people there. My nephew and son and I get our pictures taken there. They always remember us and help any way they can. It is true that it is not department store pricing, but worth every penny. They are creative and the pictures are always perfect.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Mercy Photo on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.